Thursday, August 7, 2008

An Answered Prayer

A few posts ago I talked about how I didn't know why God put me here. And let me tell you, I think at least a few people must have been praying about it because I've heard things the past few days that I don't think I would've heard had there not be people praying. One person told me that I'm here because I need to learn some lessons before I move to Honduras (or wherever God wants me to be in six years, though I believe with all of my heart it will be there). And, I think they're right. They're a pretty wise person. :)
Today I was just having a blah day. Ever have one of those? I didn't do anything, and if you know me at all, you know I'm always into something. So, I was just bored to death and had a headache. I watched Monk all day and was being a cranky butt. Many will testify to that. And I kept asking myself Why am I here? And reminding myself of my sisters Sam and Ashley and my kids in Honduras that I miss like none other. Especially today. And I just didn't get why I'm here. (If you couldn't notice, that is something I struggle with a lot. Especially more than usual since I've been back home.) Tonight my dear friend, Danny Cooper, spoke at church and he said "You are the answer to someone's prayer". All this time I've been wanting a big reason for why I'm here. And it may be as simple as someone's prayer of needing a listening ear or giving them a ride somewhere. And it may also be something big. But it's just that. I'm an answered prayer to someone.
I think that's a good enough reason for me to be here.

No comments: