Monday, August 4, 2008

Oh! My Sclera!

After a good night with my friend Alexandra, or Goff as I like to call her, and then ichatting with Samantha Marie until two in the morning, I woke up with a fun surprise. I had forgotten to take out my contacts last night, which usually isn't that big of a deal. I just wake up and my eyes are like super crusty and gross. Well, I had been rubbing my eyes this morning before I got out of bed trying to figure out why they were so gunky. I realized I had forgotten about my contacts, so I took them out and my eye looked really red, but I didn't think anything of it. Later, I looked at my eye again and realized it looked not only red but gelatin-y. It was gross. And I then realized I had ripped my sclera. That's right, the outer covering of your eye. My mom had ripped her sclera much worse than mine a few days after I got home from Honduras when a bug flew in her eye. Luckily, mine is only a little part in the corner, and it already looks much better. I'd put up a picture but it wouldn't be worth it now since it looks almost normal.
I'm going Cedar Point tomorrow with the youth group which will be awesome! It's amazing, really, it is. Except it's supposed to rain and hail and all that jazz. So, I am praying it doesn't rain because I don't want all the roller coasters to shut down.

OK, that was random. And maybe gross for some of you, but you'll live. I promise.

Peace Out

No comments: