Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lesson Learned

I believe if you ask God for something he'll give you opportunities to use what you've asked for. Like wisdom or patience.. that kind of thing. Well, smart me has been praying for patience for the past few months, and has even asked people to pray that I have patience, too. Have you ever wanted to take back a prayer? After today, I wouldn't mind.

My sister is getting married in seventeen days. Yes, that's right. Seventeen. (We're cool and we're doing a countdown.) I'm the maid of honor and since I'm sixteen, it's kind of difficult doing the maid of honor duties, so thank God Leah's best friend, Sam, is her matron of honor. She's been doing a lot of work, and I can't thank her enough. Anyway.. I've been trying to help out in any way I can, which still isn't much. Like tomorrow I'm staying at her house (that Corey and Leah will be moving into after the big day) in the afternoon to wait for someone to do something or other with utilities because everyone else is working. Just things like that. So, I went with Leah to run some wedding errands last Saturday and we went to WalMart to scan pictures onto a CD for the powerpoint at their reception. Well, after working on that for an hour and a half, the machine froze hope. We lost it all. Needless to say, we were pretty irked about it and didn't have time to do that again. I volunteered to go another day and do it for her because she has enough things to worry about. It was a simple task.. or so I thought.

Today was the day. Delaney and I went to WalMart and scanned all the pictures and got the CD and everything. It took an hour and a half, or a little longer. I even saw my second grade teacher, Mr. Greene, and chatted with him in the process. It was fine and dandy, until I went up to pay for it. Well, it must have slipped Leah's mind that you can't copy professionally done pictures. I scanned them, not even thinking about them. And the lady was like "I'm sorry. I can't sell this to you." So after doing my famous sigh I asked if I would have to scan them all again, and of course, with my luck the answer was yes. I told her I was sorry and thanks for letting us know, and I would just come back and try another day. And thank God Delaney was with me so I could let off my steam to her instead of the nice (really, she was nice) lady at WalMart. So, I will be off again another day with the pictures (except the professional ones ;]) and doing it once again. I've wasted three hours of my life over this, and it is a bit aggravating.

Why must I pray for such things like patience?!?

Really, it will pay off in the end. I'll keep praying for patience, and things like this will most likely keep happening, but it is OK. I thought I handled today better than most people (though most people would be smarter than I was).

Anyway, all of this to say. When you pray for things, realize that situations will come your way where you'll have to put you prayed for into action. That's the only way you're going to learn to be patient or have wisdom about things. It's tough, but I'd rather go through these things and be patient than yell at the lady at WalMart (I must admit, I wanted to a bit) or whoever it may be.

The End.

No comments: