Sunday, July 27, 2008

We Love You Lombard Family!

So, I have none the Lombards for who knows how long. At least as long as my dad has been the preacher at Grand Central, which was about six and a half years ago (though I'm positive I've known them longer). Anyway, so I've always been good friends with their oldest daughter, Kylee, who is my age. She is just cool stuff and cracks me up! And then their younger daughter, Micah, is just as cute as can be. She's always coming up to me and giving me hugs. She's my little buddy, and I am going to miss her hugs like none other. Kevin was the youth minister at GC until May of my seventh grade year. And let me just say, Kevin and Sudona made my first year in youth ministry an amazing thing. They seriously made me feel so welcome, and I'll give them some of the credit for me being so open and outgoing. Whenever you're around them you know you're loved and they care about what's going on in your life. I have so many funny stories with them that maybe aren't appropriate for the blogging world, but just ask. I'll tell you. They're hilarious. Their family are just the kind of people that you're like "Hey, I want to be best friends with them!" Like really, they are good stuff.
Well, the Lombards have heard God's calling for their life and are moving to Texas where Kevin will be a Family Life Minister (I think? That's awful I don't know, but I'm pretty sure). It's just a great opportunity for them, and I am so excited to see how God is going to use them! Kevin and Sudona have been at Grand Central for the past fourteen years, and I know this is a huge step for them. We had a going away party for them tonight, which was just fun times. Afterward I hugged all of them, which I'll be helping them pack so it wasn't like our real last "Goodbye". But when I hugged Sudona she teared up and told me to stay in touch with Kylee and she loved me, and then told my mom what beautiful girls Rachel and I had turned into. Goodness, like I said, she is one sweet woman. I didn't cry when I hugged them, but right when we were about to leave I just did my crying thing and haven't stopped since.
It's just been crazy seeing so many people leave in the past few months. But it's a good thing. They're going to follow what God wants them to do. And I am just so thankful for the Lombards and what they've done in my life. Please be praying for them as they're moving this week, and that everything goes smoothly for them.

Kevin and Sudona,
You guys have helped shape me into the person I am today (which I hope is something you can be proud of). Thank you for always being there if I ever need someone to talk to. I don't think I can tell you how much that means to me. Thank you for all the laughs throughout the years. I'm quite sure we've never had a dull moment! The church in Texas doesn't know how blessed they are to get you.
Kylee and Micah,
You girls are awesome! I am so blessed to have you in my life (and your parents, too). You have been such good friends to me, and I regret not getting as close to you both as I could have. You girls are going to be great in Texas, and I have no doubt you are going to change things for the better there. I can't wait to hear and hopefully see what great things you both do.
I love you all so much!

I thank my God every time I remember you.
Philippians 1:3

No comments: