Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fernando




This is one of my kids, Fernando. (He really can smile normally, and it's gosh darn cute. I'll try to get a picture of it before I leave.) He's five years old and has three sisters who live at Casa, too; Doris, Monica and Katty. He's a really sweet kid and loves to just be near you. He's always wanting one of us to sit next to him when it's time to eat, or play with him. The other morning, Delaney and I were walking some of the kids to school, and he was holding my hand. When we finally made it to the school, he looked at me and said "Bye Mommy! Salud!" And that's when I decided I would in fact keep that child. (Like I thought I wouldn't before) So, he was officially the first child to call me Mommy, and I don't mind that they're calling me that one bit :)

Yesterday, we took the kids to Casitas Kennedy for visitation with some of the parents. Brayan's mom and Cindy and Maryuri's mom showed up. Fernando had been looking forward to seeing his mom. But his mom didn't come and he kept on asking where his mom was. It was hard to see him sad like that. Sam told mewhen we all piled back in the van, Fernando was sitting on her lap and said "My mommy really does love me." If that doesn't break your heart, I don't know what will. After we went out to eat, he ended up sitting with me again and fell asleep on my lap holding onto my arm. It was precious.. I love this kid to pieces, and am so thankful he's in my life.

Please, be praying for him. I know he had a rough time yesterday.

No comments: