Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

Warning: This may turn out to be long and hard to follow because I'm feeling totally scatterbrained.

First off, is the holiday that is occurring tomorrow "Happy Mothers Day" or Happy Mother's Day"? I must know. It bugs me.

Anyway.. now I'll begin on the sappiness.

Over the past few years I've started another family. I've started adopting more and more people into it. And overtime I've gained some little and big sisters, big brothers, aunts, uncles, tons of moms, a few dads and even a couple set of grandparents. It just won't stop growing, and I love it. I'm pretty sure, last I counted, I have around 15 moms. And some of them would rather be big sister or aunt figures, but nope, they're my moms. And I love all of them. I've developed such amazing relationships with these women. They are such Godly women who show me Jesus every time I'm blessed to be in their presence. I couldn't have asked for any greater examples of Christ in my life.

And though I love all of them so so much, there's one special lady I love even more. The woman who has dealt with me long before my adopted mommas came along. :) My mom is an incredible woman. I can't put into words how much I appreciate and love everything about her. And though many girls swear they will never turn out to be like their mothers, I hear from others and see myself that I am turning into my mom.
Some things my mom and I have in common?
Our laughs, the way we talk to animals as though they had any clue what we were talking about, worrying about everything, being a perfectionist, being down right silly, singing and dancing like crazy people when no one is watching (ok, her anyway), crying at the littlest things, trying to make others happier and laugh, loving children, and the list goes on.
I thank God for blessing me with someone as great and wonderful as her because I know I don't deserve it.

Mom- thank you thank you thank for putting up with me the last 16 years :) You are one amazing woman and someone I'm trying my hardest to be more like. You are Jesus to everyone you meet. Thank you for being such a loving and caring mother even when I sometimes wish you wouldn't be. You are the coolest chick around. I hope I can be as good of a mom to my kids (which will be way in the future) as you are to me. I love you more than words can describe.

I thank my God every time I remember you.

No comments: