Friday, July 18, 2008

Home Sweet Home (Or Something Like It)

I'm home after a fantastic week with the Ellis family. I was reminded why I love and miss them so much now. They are good people. Seriously, if you don't know them, meet them. Put it on your list of things to do.

Rachel and I really enjoyed ourselves, and I think Adam, Dana and the girls did, too. Apparently, Rachel and I are Emma's best friends now. It's such an honor. ;) Emma and I watched cartoons like every morning together. It really was sweet. Though some may call being with some little kids for a week birth control, I really didn't think it was that bad. (And no, I am not going to be having children any time soon, just to clear that up!) Chloe has grown up just in two months. It's crazy how fast kids grow when before they even turn one. And whenever Adam, Dana, Rachel and I talk it's always good stuff. Like '"So-and-so's the hot one tonight!". Ok, it's not always "good stuff" like that; you know, serious things about life and God and all that jazz, too. It really is good stuff. And some of the things we discussed I definitely needed to hear it for the first time or be reminded about it. And then I found five dollars.

All of this to say, we had quite an enjoyable trip. And I'm hoping I'll be able to see that family again soon because I love them to pieces.

Sunday, I'm off to one of my most favorite places on earth. (I really do live in my suitcase in the summer time.) And not because the scenery is fantastic, because quite frankly it's not that great. Two words: poop loop. Ah yes, I'm off to good ole' church camp. The place I've gone for a week every summer for the past twelve years. Good times... good times. I'm excited for it! So, I'll be back Friday sometime.

I hope you all are having a great summer!

No comments: