Wednesday, May 28, 2008

11 Days Out

This will probably be my last update from the States. (Maybe not)
At this time in eleven days, I will be in Honduras. It seems so crazy to me that it's already that time again to go back to the country that I fell in love with so much. This trip has crept up on me, that's for sure. So, here are some things on my mind about this trip.

- I almost decided to just go for a week to Honduras, and then come home with the group instead of the three and a half weeks I had planned to go. I prayed and struggled about this for a week or so, just wondering whether this was what God wanted me to do or something I just decided God wanted me to do, and if this was the time to stay for so long. After talking to a few about it and getting mixed reactions, I decided to stay the extra time. I knew God would use me whatever I decided to do. And that would be extra time to spend with my Ashley who I haven't seen in seven months (oh, and I'm seeing her Friday! Yay!), and with my Sam since I won't see her until sometime in October. I know I'll have a blast once I get there and thank God that I decided to stay.

-Delaney had been keeping a huge secret from Sam and me for the past two months. She told us on Friday night that she's going to Honduras and staying the whole time I'm there. (Another reason that I want to stay for the longer period ;]) She and Donna had been keeping it a secret from us, but I'm glad she finally told us! Goodness gracious..

-I'm starting to wonder if the kids I met last year will remember me if we meet again (Which I'm hoping and praying we do). I mean, they have tons of groups come in each year to see them. Why would they remember me? So, hopefully they will.. Even if they don't remember me, I can't wait to see their faces. They have a special place in my heart even if we did only get to know each other for a day or two.

-I'm excited to see our group work together. This group is much younger than last year's group. I have about eight friends who are either a few years younger or older than me going on the trip. It'll be different, but I know we'll have a blast and be Jesus to the people of Honduras.

We leave on June 8th and the group comes back June 15th. My brother, Delaney, another friend, Ashley and I come home on July 3rd. And Miss Sam comes back in October. So, if you remember, please pray for safe travels and that we are able to do what we plan on doing, and more. Thank you so much for supporting us on this mission.

If you want to read about what the group is doing while we're in Honduras go to http://www.gcchondurasmissions.blogspot.com/ . I'll probably blog every once in awhile after I'm at Casa, so make sure to stop by :)

Much Love

1 comment:

Hannah Clark said...

im crying.
you have no idea how badly i am hurting because i can't go back that country that i fell madly in love with.
i'm incredibly jealous.
please take a ton of pictures for me =).
i love you. and i miss you.
and im definitely jealous of you. haha.