Saturday, August 2, 2008

Peace Out

Well, this year has been a crazy year with people moving. I've lost count of how many people have moved. I've had to say more goodbyes just in the past eight months than ever before. It sucks, honestly. A lot of the people are the people who are closest to my heart and know me the best. And some I've had to say 'peace out' to more than once in the past year. I know, things happen, things change, and I'm realizing that I can't stop it no matter how hard I try. But I'm a selfish girl, so it stinks not to have my people around me. Sometimes I do feel like I'm all by my lonesome (I like that new saying), which I know it isn't true. But when the people closest to you leave, you do think that sometimes. Don't tell me it hasn't crossed your mind when you move or a dear friend moves away from you. You and I both know it happens.
And a few of the people closest to my heart are in Honduras, and I'm only sixteen and can't move there yet. And let me tell you, to know that that's where you're supposed to end up and you can't go there yet because you're still too young, it is probably one of the worst feelings ever. With so many people leaving West Virginia following God's calling for their lives, it reminds me that I can't follow what I think God has called me to, yet. Yet. But I just don't know why I'm in West Virginia now. I know there has to be a reason, other than this is where God wants my parents to be. There's a reason why I am here, I just don't know what that is right now. So, if you read this, say a little prayer for me that God can show me what to do while I'm here. Which as of right now, it looks like I'll be here for the next six years. For the love..

And to those of you who have left poor old me (totally kidding.. kind of),
If I seem mad at you sometimes because you left, just know it's because you have a very special place in my heart. And I won't stay mad at you forever, just a few years. (Once again, totally kidding.. but seriously) I thank God I get to call you my brothers and sisters, and I look up to you for following the call God has put inside you. I'm proud of you for doing that, because many people ignore the call. I'm proud of you. I love you guys.

1 comment:

Hannah Clark said...

i love you anna. and i miss you terribly. i haven't talked to you in a while =(. we need to catch up soon.

and i totally understand about being lonely. i have like. one friend here that's a girl. and it's definitely tough. all of the people that i hang out with here are guys. i can't tell you how many times i have sat in my room and cried because i miss you, sam, and delaney and i think about all of our sleep overs. i would love to be able to do that again. i miss you you girls.

call me anytime please. i would love to catch up with you!

i love you.