Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Book, School and Some Randomness

While on vacation I read Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. It was probably one of the, if not the best, books I've ever read. It seriously messes up your thinking so much, in a good way. My thinking has definitely changed, and I believe it now, more than ever, resembles the way Jesus wants me to think and live. I learned that some of the stores I used to buy clothes from had children in third-world making the clothes for less than thirteen cents an hour. This is definitely not part of God's dream for the world. This has gotten me curious about this, and I plan on researching to see where the rest of my clothes come from. I prayed a lot on vacation after reading this book about letting God use me to bring Him all the glory He deserves. If you haven't read the book yet, I highly recommend it.

School starts next Thursday. I'm a bit anxious about it, but it's time to get back in routine. I've been insanely bored the past few days, so I'm ready for it. This is my first year at Wood County Christian, so it should be interesting. Rachel's coming with me too, so I'm glad I'll have her. I know a lot of people at school already. I've been talking to some of them about it which helps me a lot. My schedule for these last three years is going to be messed up. The History I took my Freshman year is the History the Sophomores are taking, so I'll be taking History with the Juniors. This being the case, I'll have to take two Histories one year to take the Freshman History I missed. It's all confusing. But all in all I think this will be good for me. I really do.

Tomorrow I'm going to Grafton in the morning to see my friends from Church Camp. The annual Stewart Pool Party is tomorrow evening, so I will be going to that. I'm spending all afternoon and staying the night with the Johnson Family. Julie, Jake and Carly didn't get to come to camp and I missed them terribly. So, I'm definitely excited to see them. I'll probably post some picture when I get home Sunday.

Much Love

1 comment:

Sam said...

That book is awesome! Im glad you enjoyed it. We really do need to look into where our clothes are made...any idea how to find out? Anyways...I hope you have fun this weekend! Love you!