Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Oh Summer

It's time for that end of the summer entry. Oh, how I wish I could wait to do this for a few more weeks. Where to begin?

My summer started with the closing ceremonies at the Jackson Olympics. That was such an emotional time. It took about an hour to just leave that place because I knew my friend Sam would be moving, and knowing me and my busy schedule I wouldn't see some of those people for a long time. So, then of course when I had finally gotten home, Sam and Marci had to come and get something and we cried some more. The first few days of summer were tough, for sure. I miss all of those people so much. I know we'll still stay in touch, but it just won't be the same. I'm going to miss seeing them everyday like I have for the last three years.

And then a few days later, our church went to Honduras. That trip was just life changing. I've never seen God break through so much than in that short week. And the kids are just amazing there. I'm always wondering how they're doing. I miss them terribly. I don't want to talk too much about it, I'll end up crying. I just know that Honduras has a special place in my heart now, and I'll be going down who knows how many times now. I'm already planning to stay for two weeks to a month next summer, Lord willing.

Then there was Work Camp. I was one of the oldest people in our youth group which was just odd. My crew was just amazing, and our house looked wonderful. It was just a fun trip. I enjoyed it a lot. Mission Trip came along shortly after. Staying with a group of people for a week can be a bit overwhelming, but my youth group is just great. Of course we had a few mishaps and such, but they were great sports. It was just a fun time, and I got to know some of the younger kids a little better. Soon after was Church Camp. It was good, but strange. Our class was interesting, for sure. And thank you Twila for the songs. My youth group just loves them now. Ha. I was one of the oldest campers which is just odd. I made a lot of new friends, and grew closer to the old ones. And I had a nine year old boyfriend who was the funniest kid I've met in my life. Good times... good times..

This summer has been weird, but amazing. It doesn't feel like it should be nearly over. I've learned a lot about myself this summer and how God wants to use me in his master plan. Of course, he'll be showing me more and more all the time the kind of person he wants me to be. But this summer was a good start for me. I'm learning to be more like him, which can sometimes be difficult. I'm just excited to see what is ahead. It's going to be amazing.

Summers will come and go, and there will be too many memories to name. I'm just overjoyed by the times I've had this summer, and the people I've grown close to. They've made an everlasting impact in my life, and for that I thank them so much. I hope we'll stay close and make many more great memories together.

Much Love

1 comment:

Sam said...

Sounds like you had a great summer! I love you!