Friday, June 20, 2008

Precious Moments

(I just realized the title of my blog is that one brand of dolls and all that jazz. This is not what my post is about! Oh, and I'll update about the group soon.. if you're really impatient go look at the group blog.)

While I've been at Casa for the past five days, I have seen some of the sweetest moments. These kids are ornery and crazy at time.. oh, are they crazy, but then they can be the most adorable kids in the world.

Johnny is a new boy who came from off the streets. It's been interesting to see how he's been adjusting, but I think he's doing pretty well. The other day the kids sat down for dinner and Brayan and Johnny hadn't prayed for their food yet. So, Brayan would say a line of a prayer and then Johnny would repeat what he said. It was precious.. made this girl's heart very happy.

Every morning the kids have devo together after they wake up. They start off with a prayer, and then sing songs in both Spanish and English. My favorite song that they sing is "Father, God". I love hearing them sing it in their little Spanish voices. Then Pamela (and some of the younger ones attempt it) say the memory verse. It's just so stinking cute! That's one of my favorite parts of the day.

Wednesday, I was supposed to help put the girls for their nap. Cindy wouldn't be quiet and I was trying to be patient with her :) And finally, I just got in bed with her and she put her arm around me and went right to sleep. Who knew it was that easy? I'm glad I know for future reference!

Finally, the girl that stole my heart, Katty was being ornery today. She's four years old and a little chubster. She's the little dinosaur of the group. Seriously, I know that sounds mean, but if you saw her you would understand. Anyway.. she was being bad today. She pushed Maryuri down and was in the crib I don't know how many times in just a few hours. I laid down with her because she wouldn't stay in her bed for naptime. So after she kept poking me and touching my nose, eyes, mouth, oh and farting, she curled up by me and laid her head on my arm and rubbed my arm. Oh, and twitched in her sleep. Which I used to rub my mom's arms when I was little and I still twitch in my sleep, so I think it's just adorable. Anyway.. she and I fell asleep finally. So, hopefully when we wakes up from her nap in an hour, she won't be a little cranky butt.

That's all my moments right now. I'm sure there will be more to come.

Much love

No comments: